It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
Mask provided by Global Health:
- Which regions or countries will you be traveling to?
- What’s your country of residence?
- Start date // End date
- Your Age
- GET A QUOTE!
Why zenmotero partnered up with Foyer Global Health Insurance
I partnered up with the global health insurance Foyer Global Health (FGH) to travel careless free especially in deserted areas with no medical infrastructure or doctors, respectively.
The insurance is designed for off the beaten path and adventurous travelers like me with its special 24 h Emergency Consulting Model.
Furthermore, I listed the best characteristics of the global health insurance of FGH below:
24 h Emergency
Chat option with icon of a person – How can I help you? (direct link to your online support / sales service)
Do I need Health Insurance?
I still can’t believe that I met some travelers during my world trip who decided not to have a global health insurance during their travels. Let me give you some examples why I believe it can not do any harm or better why you MUST have one!
- In a hostel of Tayrona National Park in Colombia a traveler showed clear symptoms of an infection. His ankle was swollen 2 times the size of his healthy foot and instead of consulting a doctor he kept pouring boiling water over it. A quick call at a medical insurance could have convinced him to consult a doctor and get proper medication.
- I was suffering several times of severe food intoxications probably due to poor hygiene and bad food. As a result, I could not stand on my own feet anymore, I kept on sweating like the Niagara Falls and had an uncomfortable long term meeting with the bathroom. I called my doctor who consulted me on the medication needs which I immediately took.
- On my first motorcycle overland trip in Asia I only used poor quality motorcycle rain gear simply because I had no alternative. In Laos while riding through Luang Prabang my rain coat got stuck in the chain and consequently chocked me almost to death. The coat pulled me backwards, I heard my spine cracking 3 times and fell off my motorcycle with the thought of never being able to stand up anymore. I went to the hospital where I received an X-ray as well as muscle relaxant and pain relief medication.
- Especially when riding off the beaten path where no medical infrastructure or doctors are available, you need to make sure to have a medical source of consulting available. In my case, I always had a back up doctor on my side who I could consult 24/7 as long as I had net coverage available.
- Before I started my motorcycle adventure in South America I required a travel consultation in regards to vaccination needs. My medical insurance provided me with the latest information regarding the different countries of South America and possible risks.
Do your homework before starting your adventures or travels. A travel consulting can help to prevent painful experiences and should be taken seriously into consideration.
Laos in not just the most adventurous country to travel in South East Asia but also the least developed. While exploring the country I had a severe accident on the road and needed treatment in the hospital…
In Bolivia I had the “luck” to have besides a motorcycle accident also two bee stings and a severe food poisoning as well. At the same day of course… In this article you can read all about my personal “luck”, one day after I officially entered Bolivia.
Please note: This service is provided by Foyer Global Health under an agreement with zenmotero. The terms and conditions, policy benefits and travel insurance pricing can differ depending on the plan and options you choose. In order to make sure that the policy is the right fit for you, always read the full description of coverage contained in the policy wording.